What is a Tandem Skydive?
Our most popular jump and an ideal first jump or one-off experience day out.
A tandem jump is our most popular and the ideal way to try skydiving for the first time without any experience needed at all. All our expert tandem instructors all have thousands of skydives and you will jump using a large parachute specifically designed for two people.
Securely harnessed to your qualified tandem skydiving instructor you will experience the thrill and excitement of freefall and enjoy the breath-taking sea views over the coastline of Portugal. There’s a short ride in our specialist parachuting aircraft before you take an exhilarating leap from 14,000ft (4300m) reaching terminal velocity at around 120mph! Your instructor will then open the tandem parachute after 60 seconds of free-falling and fly you safely back to earth.
We offer an optional outside video and photo package so you can take the memory of the most exhilarating experience of your life home to show your friends and family.
What happens on the day
- Arrive at the airfield at the designated time on your confirmation email
- Complete your paperwork and pay any outstanding balances
- Enter the dropzone! You will need to show photo ID to go airside so please ensure any friends and family also have this with them
- Receive your skydive briefing from one of our qualified instructors
- Get kitted up and ready to jump
- Meet your cameraman for a short interview – make sure you have booked your video and photo package!
- Enjoy the 15-minute ride up to 14,000ft (4300m) in our fast parachuting aircraft.
- Leap from the door, securely attached to your tandem skydive instructor
- Enjoy 60 seconds of freefall
- At 6000ft the parachute will be opened by your instructor and you can take in the stunning sea views whilst under canopy for around five minutes.
- Land back at the dropzone with a huge smile on your face!
- Collect your tandem skydive certificate
- If you took the DVD and photo package this should be ready for you within an hour, and you can watch this in the café with your friends and family before you leave if you wish.
DVD and Photo Package
Re-live your skydiving experience again with friends and family and post your photos on Facebook for everyone to see.A professional skydiving videographer will capture the whole adventure jumping out with you and your instructor in freefall. Your skydive footage will be edited onto DVD with music and title screens, and you will also receive a full set of high quality digital photos on CD.
Make sure you pre-book to guarantee a cameraman is available for your jump. You may be able to arrange it on the day subject to availability.
Who Can Take Part?
Can I take part in a Tandem Jump?
- Minimum age 16 (Parental consent required for 16/17)*
- There is no maximum age
- Maximum weight 100kg (220lbs/15.7stone) fully clothed
- Skydiving requires a reasonable amount of fitness to take part
A Skydive Algarve medical form signed by your doctor is required for:
- Those aged 70 and over
- Those who have medical conditions (any age), recent/recurring injuries or are currently taking medication. If you have any doubt, download the form, read the information and take to your doctor.
- Bring comfortable clothing and trainers - we’ll provide the rest!
*Those aged 16/17 travelling without a parent present will require notarised consent from both parents if applicable.